Monday, March 19, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

What a gorgeous day outside!  This is THE perfect weather, warm enough for capri pants and flip flops but not hot enough that you need air conditioning. Which works out well since we do not have air conditioning!  This brings me to my list of some of my favorite things....


Warm Spring Weather - low to mid 70's is ideal, and perfect for being outside and playing with the kids in the yard.  I plan on dragging the bikes and hockey stuff out into the driveway later  and working on my "mom tan". (This is similar to a farmer's tan only requires no agricultural work)


Iced Coffee - This is also a required item on a warm spring day such as this, although I would be lying if I said I didn't drink the stuff year round.  You know you are a true  New Englander when you are scraping ice off your windshield and then ordering it in your coffee in the same half hour.  I am a bit of an addict truly.  My husband claims I will bankrupt us with my Dunks addiction - I think he might be a little over dramatic.  (she typed while sipping a medium iced, milk and caramel swirl - yum)


Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens - Come on, are you telling me you don't already have that song stuck in your head now too? (Note - while kittens are cute, neither of these things would make my favorite things list.)


Pitbull - No, not the dog, the hip hop singer.  Love me some hip hop.  Nothing like belting out a little International Love while driving out of the preschool parking lot, in an SUV filled with car seats and strollers...oh yeah baby, I am straight up gangsta...


Ridiculously Tall Heels - This has become a recent passion of mine.  The taller the better.  It's nice to not feel like a Mommy all the time  (see previous item on list).  Recently I may have gone a little overboard with my choice of shoe and picked out a pair that are a little too crazy for the occasion they were purchased for.  I may have to find another reason to keep them though.  I would be sad to see them leave my closet, and they seem pretty happy in there themselves.



Dancing! - If you read my earlier post (Shorty Got Low) you would know that I am a fan of the dance.  Zumba is my favorite class at the gym (okay, I will admit I have not been in...well a long time, but I am going back tonight- I really am!  Please feel free to hold me accountable to this later).  This past weekend I found myself at a karaoke spot and may or may not have danced on top of a cube...and to my credit did not even fall off- which was a pretty good possibility since I had consumed a couple glasses of  wine and a good portion of champagne, and of course I was wearing 4 inch platform heels. : )

What are some of your favorite things? Feel free to leave a comment and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment